Invisalign and Invisalign for Teens Info
The Clear Alternative to Braces
Invisalign® treatment with Dr. Bates and the Bates Family Orthodontics team can give you beautiful, straight teeth without braces, brackets, or wires.
Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Invisalign clear aligners are a series of clear, removable, and comfortable trays that work to apply gentle forces that straighten your teeth, similar to braces.
Clear aligners are removable so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are less of a hassle. Most patients also report that they are more comfortable than braces.
Invisalign clear aligners are custom-made for each individual patient and made off of a digital scan of your teeth. This scan enables our doctors to digitally plan your treatment with ultimate precision.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign has no metal bands or wires to trap food and plaque. Maintaining a good oral hygiene program will also reduce the chances of plaque buildup, decalcification (white spots/scars), tooth decay and periodontal disease.
As long as you wear your aligners as instructed, our expert doctors can plan your case to achieve the same stunning results as they would with traditional braces.
At your initial consultation at Bates Family Orthodontics, we'll take digital scans and X-rays to create a 3D image of your mouth. We make your first set of custom-fitted aligners from these images, and then you begin the process of straightening your teeth at our office in Lynchburg.
Effective for a wide range of smiles, the Invisalign system has been successful in giving hundreds of thousands of amazing smiles to both teens and adults. Dr. Bates will create your individual treatment plan using Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners to solve a range of issues, including:
- Overly-crowded teeth
- Widely-spaced teeth
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
- Less office visits:
- Fewer emergency visits: No more broken brackets or poking wires to ruin your weekend plans.
A Modern Approach
At Bates Family Orthodontics, you’ll get a great smile without a treatment that gets in the way of your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know that you’re straightening your teeth until they notice your stunning results.
Talk to Us About Invisalign
Dr. Bates may not recommend Invisalign for some complex alignment or bite issues but is able to treat a broad range of cases with clear aligners.
Schedule your free consultation at our Lynchburg orthodontic office to learn if Invisalign is right for you or your child.